Friday, February 11, 2011

Okay so here is my second resolution and it is going to be a very hard one for me:

2. Spend more time with my girls and less time on my "to do" list.

Whether it be to clean the house, make projects, work on my calling, improve the house, peruse the internet or any myriad of other things, there is always something that has to be done NOW and my kids suffer for it.
I realized recently that my "list" will always be here; my girls won't be. K will be going to school full time in just six months. I used to think I would be happy about that because it meant more time for me to do what I wanted and needed to get done. But about a month ago it hit me really hard that she wouldn't be around much any more. We wouldn't have much time to visit, play, or just cuddle together any more.
So my most important and hardest resolution is to spend more time with my girls and let everything else take a back seat. Now if you know me, you know how hard it will be for me to let my house be untidy, my projects go undone and ...well...to be unselfish.
Being a mom really is about looking outside of yourself and giving everything you have to your kids. You don't get to do what you want when you want any more. And really, that's okay because what you get in return is so much better. I will make great memories with my kids and hopefully build a wonderful relationship with them. One where they feel safe, secure, and are willing and happy to share their innermost thoughts and dreams with me.
What more could a mother want or ask for? What more could a child ask for from their mother than to know they are the center of their world, they are loved and they are cherished? I wish I had come to this conclusion when K was littler, but I guess better now than not at all. Now, I just need to put my desires into action. Wish me luck and I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment