Monday, October 4, 2010

Three in the Third

Grandma was able to come down for K's third game of the season on Saturday. K was so excited but also nervous she wouldn't get any goals for her grandma to see. Her worry was for not, she made three goals! I was unable to see much of the game because I was playing with L on the playground.Usually M and I take turns but he was out hunting with Randy. What I did see of the game, she and Nate were on fire!
Both teams were really good but the other team had a player, number 6, who was ruthless. He was knocking our players down left and right. He would get possession of the ball, his arms would swing out at anyone near him and he would run the ball down field for a goal. K was run over by him early on and she took care to keep her distance for the rest of the game. I am not sure if it is legal for him to do that, but the referee never said anything about it.
K is getting to be really good. Not only is she a fast runner, she has great control of the ball. She isn't afraid to get in there and steal the ball from the other team either. I think it is really helpful having Nate on her team too. He is a great player and she seems to take some cues from him. I think she has potential to become a great soccer player if she chooses to keep doing this sport.







1 comment: