Thursday, October 14, 2010

Scrapbook Room Make Over Part 1

I know you all have been waiting patiently for me to blog about this. I have been working on it off and on since the end of July and I finally got my room remodeled and mostly organized. We have a large space upstairs that has been divided into a playroom for the girls and a playroom (as my daughter calls it) for me. I will post pictures later of the girls side of the room. I still have some things I want to add to it before I post about it.
I love to scrapbook and most of my room is filled with scrapbooking supplies. I like to make cards and cross stitch although I haven't finished my daughters stocking I started two years ago. I also dabble a little bit in sewing. So I have a ton of stuff and only a small area to put it in and the previous set up was not working for me. I wish I had taken a picture before I started remodeling, but I didn't think about it until I was to the painting stage. I must give my husband props for all his help and ingenuity in this project. He came up with some wonderful space saving yet decorative ideas along the way. Not to mention the fact that he kept me sane when I started feeling like pulling out my hair.

Here I am taping off the room after I finally picked a color
to paint, thanks to help from some friends. Can I just say that
picking a color to paint is one of THE hardest things to do?

Smile for the camera:)

During the painting process, the girls play area got smaller and smaller.
I had to keep my curious 2 year old out of the "construction" area.
Luckily it was summer and they spent all their time outside playing.

Can you say disorganized mess?
Anyone who knows me knows that this chaos was
KILLING ME! But I survived.

Everything tarped off so if paint spilled or dripped,
which it did, it wouldn't ruin the carpet or anything else.

4 comments:

  1. Cool! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scroll down, I put the other posts under the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I my goodness - I love your new scrapbook room!!! Wow, I TOTALLY want to come and scrap sometime. :) I'm a pretty new scrapbooker, and it looks like you could teach me a lot with all of those sweet tools! I love that you and your husband worked on this project together. So creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Britt. We had a good time doing it together and M had a ton of really good ideas. I am so glad it is finished and love how it has turned out. You are welcome to come over and play. I will have to plan a scrap night sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete