Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween Cookies

A couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon this website that had some really cute iced cookies. I learned about outlining and flooding here. I was so inspired, I made some cookies to give to my young women a couple of Sunday's ago. This weekend I was craving more cookies so I had K help me make some with me. After they cooled I outlined the cookies and the next day we flooded them together. K did a wonderful job and it was lots of fun.

K flooding the cookies.

We used toothpicks to push the icing up to the edges.

It was lots of fun.

Here are our creations. I took a couple of pictures because
the flash made the cookies look bad.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, those cookies look good enough to eat!! so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be so proud, I wouldn't be able to eat 'em! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies are really cute! I had only heard of "flooding" cookies the day before I read your post. Here's a link to some pretty fall leaves that you might like:

    http://www.countryliving.com/recipefinder/halloween-party-cookies-3177

    ReplyDelete