Sunday, October 3, 2010

K's Future Husband

I took the girls to Sonic the other day for lunch. While we were sitting there the following conversation took place.
K-"Mom, I don't know if I want to be a doctor, a princess, or a teacher when I grow up."
Me-"That's okay, sweetie. You have many years before you have to make that decision. If you want to, you could do both."
K- "But if I am a teacher what will I be called?"
Me- "What do you mean?"
K- "Well, my teacher is called Mrs. Railey. What would I be called?"
Me- "If you aren't married you would be called Miss ---, if you are married, you would be called by by your last name like I used to be Miss ----- and am now called Mrs. ----."
K- "Oh, well I have been thinking about that a lot lately. I think I will marry Grant."

I thought this was funny. Grant is the son of one of our friends. We only see them a few times a year, usually on patriotic holidays and new year's. Although, she was in his preschool class last year. I just thought it was funny that she chose him out of all the boys she knows since she doesn't see him as often as others. Aren't they adorable?

4 comments:

  1. I think that Grant is a really good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess i am going to have to meet grant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, looks like your future son-in-law has been chosen! Better get to be good friends with the parents! :)

    ReplyDelete