Thursday, October 14, 2010

Scrapbook Room Make Over Part 2

It took me about 2 weeks to get the whole room painted. I sectioned off the room so I could do one wall at a time. When I was done with the first wall, I rearranged the bookcases to open up a new wall to paint and still keep the girls out. I did most of my painting when L was napping and K was playing outside. This offered the best lighting and kept the girls out of my hair while I painted.
Once I was done, we only needed to pick up the cabinets from Jerry's. M had found some cabinets that we both liked and he designed the left part of my room from what I told him I needed. After a couple of weeks debating who should go down and pick up the stuff, I took both girls down there and took care of business. By the end of August we were ready to start putting up the cabinets.

I made a hall though all the stuff upstairs for M to
work in. We put together the cabinets downstairs and brought
them up to rest in the "hall". Then M started measuring and hanging.

You never realize how uneven and lopsided your house
is until you start putting in cabinets or shelves.
Not only is our house not perpendicular or level, it
also has bowed walls. It made it sort of difficult for M to
hang the cabinets, but he prevailed and everything looks great.

M came up with the idea of putting my card boxes in the
little space above the cabinets. A space saver and decorative.

Now if I could just figure out what to do with the
other side of my room. Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment