Saturday, September 18, 2010

Game One and We Won!

Not that anyone kept score officially, but I did and our team did an awesome job! We have 9 kids on the team which means they all get a lot of time on the field. K and one of the boys, Nate, got the most play time today. Nate is amazing! Every time he got the ball, he ran it in for a goal. K was never far behind and she even made a goal herself. Both teams did an awesome job and remembered which way their goal was, most of the time. I had heard that the U6 games were boring to watch, but I loved it. I was just so impressed with how well everyone did and it was their first game. They can only get better from here.
By the way, did anyone notice how rainy it was today? Glad I took my umbrella to stand under, at one point it was pouring. The kids didn't seem to mind it though. K kept telling me she wasn't getting wet though her clothes were telling a different story. Glad she had fun in the rain and mud! Now to get her uniform clean before the next practice.


The starting teams choosing who goes first.

Our teams line up.

The other teams line up.

Everyone's going for the ball.

K gets the ball and starts kicking it to our goal.

Still in possession.

Here is Nate running it down the field.

Go Snakes!

1 comment: