Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

K finally got to go to kindergarten today. She has been asking about it almost everyday since the beginning of August. She was so excited and not a bit nervous. I, on the other hand, was pretty nervous for her. Going to a new school, making new friends, and learning new things always made me nervous when I was a kid.
We only live a few blocks from her school so it's an easy walk when it's nice out and a quick drive when it's rainy. Her class is from 8:45-11:15 am which is good because she is more attentive in the mornings than in the afternoons. I took her to her room and she was given a name tag and then went to put her things in her cubby. She found her seat quickly and sat down to wait further instruction.
After I picked her up from school, she couldn't stop telling me all about her day. They read a book, sang songs, worked on the calendar, played outside and had applesauce for a snack. She even made a new friend, Crystal. She really enjoyed her first day and said she couldn't wait to go back again tomorrow.

All ready for her first day.

Saying goodbye to L before heading to school.

I thought this was a cute picture.

Getting her name tag.

Putting her backpack in her cubby.

Sitting in her seat waiting to get started.

2 comments: