Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Baby Cake

I was asked to make a cake for one of my dear friends Baby Shower. I was so excited to do this for her, but as it got closer to the day I started getting nervous. What if the cake wasn't cute? What if the icing didn't set up? What if it turned out to be a total disaster?

Even as I was making the cake, I was afraid it wouldn't turn out well. But M was able to quell my worries. He asked, "If one of your friends made a cake for you, would you scrutinize it and notice all the faults with the cake?" My response, "Of course not! I would be delighted that they took the time to make the cake for me." My husband is so smart and I love how he can keep me grounded when I start to spiral out into crazy land. Thanks honey for easing my nerves and thanks to Liz for letting me make her Baby Shower Cake. I love you, girl:)


Here is the cake I made for Liz. I made the little booties out of cupcakes.

Here is a close up of the booties.

Liz at her Baby Shower. Congratulations again. I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet your little girl. She is so lucky to be coming to your family. You and Jeff are wonderful parents and the boys will be wonderful, protective brothers for her.

9 comments:

  1. Cute cake!
    Sorry I wasn't there... life just took over and got the best of me.
    Great job throwing her a shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have been there to help Liz celebrate. The cake is way cute! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I miss being back with you guys and all the fun baby showers we have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute job on the cake Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake was AMAZING. I am still dreaming about how it tasted. Thank you for making it and putting so much love into it. Thanks for also helping with my shower. You are a great friend! (and of course you know I would have walked out of the shower had the cake not been perfect. haha j/k)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nic that cake was beautiful and SO GOOD! I am so glad you made it, you did a great great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet cake! Nice job. I wish I was there. I miss y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great cake, sorry I had to miss all of the fun.

    ReplyDelete