Monday, April 6, 2009

Scrapbook Retreat

Karen and I found a great little retreat spot just outside of town. It is called the McKenzie Mountain River Resort. It was once a ranger station but is now being converted to a vacation spot. They have several houses, lodge rooms, and a bunk house. The prices are very reasonable and you are right on the river. It is close to some cute little towns and there are tons of things to do there: hiking, fishing, horseback riding, hunting and many others. You can even rent out the place for a family reunion. It is very beautiful, as you can see from our pictures. Click on the mosaic to see the pictures better.


These are some pictures we took on the way to the retreat. There was a cute little gallery on the side of the road with all these great pieces. It wasn't open, but we got out and looked at what they had displayed outside. We saw several covered bridges and even drove through one. The river ran along the side of the road almost the whole way. We had a few pretty nice days so we spent some time outside enjoying the weather and the view. There were also a few places to eat. One was a charming old farm house converted to a restaurant, lounge and spa. We ate dinner there and it was really good. We also stopped by another restaurant that is a pizza/sandwich spot. It was also very good.



Here is the top of the place we stayed. They are putting in some businesses here.


Here is Karen in front of the bunk house/ conference room. This is were we slept and scrapped. It was very comfortable and we had a great time.


There weren't very many of us, but it was still fun.



Karen and me scrapbooking.


Here we are in the beautiful sun. We had a great time and it was the cheapest retreat Karen and I have been on yet. The food was great and the surroundings beautiful. I am hoping to take the family there for a weekend this summer. I think they would love it!

2 comments:

  1. what interesting pictures of the area! makes me want to go there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killin me! I'm so sad. I promise promise promise next time I'll go. :( Of course, she barely ever nurses anymore... NOW that you're back. Is there another one coming soon? Wanna go again? I miss Karen. These pics make me looooooong for a scrapbook retreat.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete