Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Bedroom Revamp

I thought it would be fun to update K's bedroom with a few new items and rearrange the furniture. I started a few weeks before spring break and took everything out of her room. I did a deep clean washing her walls, the inside and outside of her windows, and touching up the paint where it needed it.

We found a cute dresser at a second hand shop for $65 that took up less space than the one she had. I went through all of her drawers and organized her craft items and other stuff. I also painted the blue shelf you see here. It used to be black and belonged to M but he gave it to her a year ago. It looks much better now that it is painted.
M came up with a great idea of making wooden cubes to hang on her wall for books and stuffed animals to sit on. He made five of them and we let K pick out the colors to paint them. I took a bunch of my old plastic drawers out of the attic and used them to organize her craft supplies. She helped me label them with my label maker.
I found this cute rod and bucket set at IKEA last summer and thought it would be great for all of K's drawing instruments to go into. It works well and looks great!
We have only hung a few of her items back on the walls. I painted the pictures above her closet for her a few years ago and her cousin, Mika, painted the pony for her last Christmas.We have some flower decals I am going to have her help me put up sometime soon as well.
She says she likes her room and thinks it will be easier for her to keep it clean from now on. We will see if she is right. I think her room looks cleaner and fresher than it has in some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment