Friday, September 14, 2012

First Hair Cut

For some reason I have a hard time getting my girls hair cut for the first time until they are quite old. Maybe it's because they are practically bald until they reach the age of three. Then their hair starts growing double time. K didn't have her first hair cut until she started kindergarten at age 5. This time I went a little sooner with L, she is only in pre-k this year and I decided it was time. We have a great friend in town who cuts hair for only $5 and she does a fantastic job! She was a little apprehensive at first (L not Tami)  but once some snipping was done she relaxed and actually smiled for me.



I brought K with me so she could also get her hair cut. It's been a year and she really needed it. She helped to entertain her sister and told her what to expect, she's good at that.
Here's my big girl with her cute new do. It isn't much shorter however it looks a lot better! She really likes it but says next time she wants to cut it to her ears. I'm thinking maybe her chin instead.
I forgot to get a before shot of K's hair. It was all the way done her back and really needed to be cut. It was so tangley and looked just awful. Think Rapunzel's hair snarled and matted. She decided to go for a shorter hairstyle like mine so she could wear it down more often. Tami cut it to her shoulders and put in a few layers. It turned out super cute and she loves it! When it's dry it has lots of curls, just like mine. Now if I could only find time to get my hair cut. We will have to work on that.


2 comments: