Thursday, March 31, 2011

Youth Pizza Cook Off

For our combined youth activity at church this month we had a Pizza Cook-off. We had each class and quorum go to their leaders homes and make a delicious pizza then take it to the church to be taste tested. Our judges were the Bishop and his first counselor.

Ally was the only girl at my house and she made a
very yummy veggie pie. We used a homemade pizza
sauce and covered it with a layer of cheese, olives,
mushrooms, pineapple, red bell pepper and more cheese.
Here is group 1 with our Veggie pizza.
Group 2 with their Asian BBQ Chicken pizza
They won first place, by the way, and I want the recipe!
Group 3 with their tasty pizza.
Pepperoni and Black Olive with a stuffed crust.
Group 4 with their Mango Tango pizza.
It was surprisingly delicious and they got 3rd place.
Group 5 with their half Meat-lovers
and half Chicken Alfredo pizza.
Group 6 with their Taco Pizza.
It was very tasty and they got 2nd place.
Here are our wonderful judges: Bishop Hansen and Brother Nash.
They got to taste six scrumptious pizzas.
I must say I totally agree with the pizzas they picked. They were
definitely the best ones in the bunch. I hope we do another cook off next year.

4 comments:

  1. This activity was such a blast! And our pizza was DELICIOUS! Way to go on the amazing homemade sauce. I never got to try Kristan's...I'll have to get the recipe from her! It sounds and looked so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pizzas look delicious! What a fun activity, too. Now I'm hungry for pizza, and it's only 8:51 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete