Friday, March 18, 2011

A Frog Lullabye

When we bought our house, we were happy to learn that there would never be any houses built behind our home. There are electrical lines running beyond some trees past our back fence and the city is unable to use the land to build on. We have some tall pretty trees and a creek to enjoy while in our backyard and the trees give off great shade in the summer time.
We also have tons of frogs along the creek bed that sing us to sleep every night. It is very relaxing and pleasurable to drift off to their croaks and peeps. However, M found a frog in our kitchen last week and earlier this week he found a flattened frog in the laundry room. He thinks it came in on the bottom of someone's shoe.
Though I enjoy listening to nature, I HATE when nature invades my home. Spiders, ants, frogs, birds, and the like have no business in my house. When I was little I enjoyed playing with bugs, frogs, lizards, and daddy long legs (because I wouldn't acknowledge them as spiders and I could relate to their long legs and small body), but now I can't stand any of those things. They are creepy and crawly. I was grateful that M was the one to find these frogs and get rid of them without me knowing about them.
What about you? How do you feel about frogs, bugs and the like?

6 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean...I love those cute little froggies, as long as they are OUTSIDE! I don't know exactly how I would have reacted upon finding a flattened frog in my home...but I do know that there would be screaming, yelping, cringing and not disposing of it myself involved. :) BUT, that's cool that you get to fall asleep to their croaks each night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little froggie!! (He's cute 'cause he's in YOUR house!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's with you and frogs - they seem to follow you around - here in the shower, there in your kitchen, ...! Guess you won't be living outdoors any time soon. Maybe instead of a no solicitation sign you could post a no pests sign. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope that you put the found unflattened frog back out in the creek......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE frogs! In Texas we would have the occasional gecko make it into our house, and it was a welcome sight compared to the cockroaches and scorpions. I used to hate spiders and all those other icky bugs, but I learned pretty quick that bugs here have NOTHING on Texas bugs! They bring a whole new meaning to the phrase "everything's bigger in Texas"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel, M put it back outside.
    Bethany, I cringed just reading your comment. I couldn't deal with any of those things in my house. I once lived in a house that had cockroaches and it grossed me out but I could kill them. I don't think I could do that any more. I am a very big wuss now.

    ReplyDelete