Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Pampered Birthday

Karen came down to visit for a few days and I took the opportunity to pamper her for her birthday. I took her for a pedicure in the morning followed by lunch at Ruthie B's tea room. After lunch she took me to get a body massage. When we got home we hid out in my bedroom watching a chick flick. M sent K up with some chilled sparkling cider and chocolate covered strawberries for us to eat. It was a wonderful and relaxing day.


Getting our pedicures.
I made us some cute flip flops for after our pedicures.

High Tea at Ruthie B's starts with a bottomless pot of tea, coffee or hot chocolate and a scone with clotted cream. We don't drink tea or coffee so Karen had hot chocolate and I had Strawberry Lemonade. I don't like hot chocolate, but theirs was SO good. And the scone was devine!

Then came the tomato and basil soup and a tiered
trivet with finger sandwiches and mini salads.

It was all so good and really filling!

To finish they bring out a plate of desserts. They are about four bites
each and really good. A perfect end to a perfect lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment