Monday, July 20, 2009

Another Year Older

Today was one of the best Birthday's I have had in a while. My husband and oldest daughter made a cute cake for me and we all went out to Road House Grill for dinner. We went early so there weren't many people there. Dinner was wonderful and the staff even sang Happy Birthday to me and gave me a HUGE Oreo hot fudge sundae. After we split it, we came home and I opened my gifts. I received a SLICE from my mom-in-law and hubby, a Big Bite from K along with a picture she drew for me, money from my parents, money from my dad-in-law, and scrapbooking paper, magazine and massage membership from my aunt.
I received many calls and emails full of well-wishes from my friends. As if that wasn't enough, two of my good friends stopped by to bring me treats and wish me well. Em brought me some rhubarb bread. I am not fond of rhubarb, but it was delicious! Lauri stopped by too and brought some heavenly chocolate and cream cheese brownies. It was so sweet of them to take time out of thier busy days to come see me.
I am so blessed to have so many great friends and family around me. Thank you for making my birthday such a special one. You all hold a special place in my heart.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had such a special day you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Be-lated birthday pretty lady! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy bday nic nic! we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I'm glad to hear you were well celebrated!

    ReplyDelete