Monday, July 21, 2014

Return to Three Fingered Jack

For my birthday M took the girls and me on a hike up Three Fingered Jack. It was a six mile round trip hike with a 900' elevation gain and the longest I have done since my surgery. It was pretty and we had fun but I was done and ready to go home by the fifth mile so the last one was pretty hard for me.

We hiked a couple of miles through dirt/rocks and then trees before hitting snow. M said that the snow had melted a lot in the week since he had last been there.
The girls had fun running up the ice crusted snow and sliding down the hill. 
Up in the saddle of Three Fingered Jack. It was very windy and cold up here but there was a pretty view all around us.
We had to hike through some snow and over very large rocks to get here. K found herself off the trail and stuck in an area with a lot of sliding rocks. M made it over to her and helped her get back on the main trail which was a little less rocky. On our way down we had to slide on the snow because it was too steep and slick to walk on.
It was very cold on my bum!!
At the bottom there was a stream and a pretty meadow. I am always amazed when you can see so many different types of landscape in one small area. It was beautiful to behold.
We finally made it back to Jack Lake and were so close to the parking lot in this picture. We had a great time on my birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff was just laughing today because one of the things we love to do together is hike, but they always seem to be a mile longer than is comfortable for me. I said THAT'S BECAUSE WE ALWAYS END UP HIKING EIGHT MILES WHEN I THINK IT"S ONLY GOING TO BE FOUR! That shut him up!

    ReplyDelete