Sunday, July 6, 2014

Blueberries and Sleeping Beauty

I don't particularly like blueberries but my family loves them so every year I take the girls picking at a nearby farm.This year I went with my friend, Heidi, and her boys. We got there by 9 but it was already hot. We spend about two hours picking before we called it quits. While we paid the kids ran around petting the animals. I got a picture of them in the wooden cutout.

The day after Independence Day, I took K to the Hult Center to see a retelling of the story of Sleeping Beauty. It was only $5 and I wasn't sure what to expect but I thought it would be fun for K. It turned out to be a storytelling of Sleeping Beauty. There was a narrator, a pianist, and a movie screen that occasionally showed drawings or pictures.
The narrator did a great job telling the story in a way that you could imagine what was going on. The pianist was so good that at one point, when everyone fell asleep for one hundred years, he was able to play the piano even though his eyes were closed and he was slumped over to the side. K really enjoyed it and afterward the kids got to ask questions of the performers. I definitely want to take her to more cultural things. I think she would enjoy a musical or ballet.

No comments:

Post a Comment