Sunday, June 8, 2014

Bridal Shower

I have been working hard this year helping my cousin with wedding stuff. She is getting married on August 1st and I am her maid of honor. As such, I was in charge of throwing her bridal shower. She just purchased a house with her fiance in April and was in need of kitchen supplies so I decided throw her a Pampered Chef shower.
My hubby, who is quite handy with a computer, made up a cute invite for the shower. I decided to go with a 50's diner theme so I used pinks, teals and reds for the colors. My aunt and I made a couple of banners for the party and decorated Mik's back yard for the brunch.

From Miss to Mrs banner.
We used tiki torches, lanterns, metal flowers, flower pots with flowers, a bistro table and chairs with a few other backyard decorations all of which Mik got to keep after the party.
Here is the other banner I made along with all the 
Pampered Chef items for display.
The gift table. We asked only a select few to bring
special gifts for the bride and asked everyone else to
purchase items from Pampered Chef for her kitchen.
There was also an apron for everyone to sign.
Our beautiful bride to be.
Before we began the festivities, Mik had to open a special present from me. When I got married twelve years ago, Mik was my maid of honor. At my bridal shower two special people in my life (my mom and aunt) gave me a special present...
a granny nightie. I decided to to turn it into a tradition in our family to pass this nightie from cousin to cousin. Mik will hold on to it until one of my daughters gets married at which point she will pass it to her, then my daughter will pass it to Mik's daughter and so on. The other tradition to this nightie is you have to wear it on the day of your wedding rehearsal over your outfit.
While everyone picked out items to buy for Mik, we played a couple of games. One was Marriage Mad Libs.
Then we played a game where you had to wear cooking mittens to put on knee high socks. It was a lot of fun and I was surprised at how fast some of those gals could to it.
Sue got hers on before Sandi even started.
Karen just barely beat us out.
I created recipe cards to match Mik's kitchen colors and sent them out with the invite so everyone could give her a few recipes to start off her married life. I also made her a recipe box. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of how cute it turned out. But here's the recipe card I made.
Mik's white neglige for the wedding night from Karen and me.
This was a fun nightie she got from her bridesmaid.
Here is Sandi telling us how to see if a nightie is perfect...
You see how it looks on the floor:)
We also got a few items for Mik's honeymoon. A camera, books on Maui, a pretty maxi dress, and a cute beach bag to take with her.
Here is Mik in her outfit she will wear for the wedding rehearsal. I made the bouquet out of tissue paper and ribbon from her gifts. It was a fun party and she received a lot of items to stock her kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment