Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Her First Quilt

While at Bahmah's house recently, K started another sewing project. This time she cut up fabric to make a quilt for her bed. She came up with the pattern for the squares on her own. She did everything but the binding. She tried but had a hard time sewing through the thick material, so Bahmah did it for her.





Sewing squares together.
Tying off the blanket.
She did a great job, I was very impressed with how straight her lines were. Maybe I should have her teach me how to make a quilt. My mom has already asked her to make her a blanket for Christmas next year. 
While K was sewing, L helped Bahmah clean her house. She was a great helper. They also got to play with a cute little puppy named Gideon. They had a great time at Bahmah's as always. Can't wait to see what sewing project K will work on next.

3 comments:

  1. I am so tickled to see her sewing successfully at such a young age. Bethany and Jon both did little blankets for 4H when they were young, but they didn't look as good as that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's wonderful that she has a patient mentor who is teaching her a skill that will bring her joy for many years to come. Sounds like she's a natural, too. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I am impressed! I can't even make a quilt!

    ReplyDelete