Saturday, January 5, 2013

Toasted Trinkets

While we were at Sunriver for Christmas we stopped by Santa's Workshop to make some porcelain and glass projects.  Most, if not all of us, have never worked with porcelain before so we weren't sure how to do it. When we started painting the figures I noticed that the paint was very muted in color but was told that once it was fired it would look much brighter. We were also told that the more coats of paint you used the richer the color would turn out. I must say I was very pleased with the results.

L made a rainbow pony.
K made Cinder, one of Bahmah's horses.
I like to collect ornaments when I travel to new places. There were no Suniver ornaments at the gift shop so I made my own. Other than the writing being a little ragged, I think this turned out very nice and I have the added memory of making it myself.
Karen's cool skiing snowman tile.
Nathan's camo cup.
Helena's fire breathing dragon tile.
Sean and Mika's awesome gnomes.

I really enjoyed making these and love how they turned out. They were pretty inexpensive and the shipping was free. We have a pottery place here in town I think I will have to take the girls to sometime to try out. I would love to make a Cookies for Santa plate. Maybe for their birthdays we could give it a whirl. The only thing better than painting the pottery would be making my own. I have always wanted to try that, it's on my bucket list.

3 comments:

  1. those are beautiful! where is max's? they are so appealing, good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Max chose to enjoy the hot tub in the quiet house while the rest of us went to the workshop. He needed some R&R.

      Delete
  2. I think I shall find myself in this place, painting gnomes, some day soon.

    ReplyDelete