Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Seamstress in the Making?

The last time the girls went up to see Bahmah she taught K how to sew. K had a great time and did a wonderful job. She made a bag to give to me for Christmas and says she wants a sewing machine of her own. Bahmah was very impressed with how well she did and is going to do some more projects with her over the coming year.

Cutting, pinning, and sewing by herself.
Isn't it a nice bag? Please excuse the model holding the bag, she had a late night and wasn't fully awake or prepped for this shot:) I love my new bag and am very proud of how well K did on it. I am not very good at sewing though I have tried to make many things over the years. K's first time and she makes something phenomenally better than anything I have made. She must get it from both her grandmas who are amazing sewers, um sowers spelled phonetically, not sewers which are stinky. Hmm, anyway, you get the idea. I foresee a lot well made sewn things in her future. Thanks, Mel, for teaching her this great talent.

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive! Way to go K! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing is such a useful skill. Maybe she can teach you how!

    ReplyDelete