Friday, April 22, 2011

An Gathering of Mothers

Our close friends are expecting another baby and I volunteered to throw a shower for the triple blessed mom. I made a chocolate carriage cake with ganache and cream cheese frosting. It turned out pretty cute.
Because you can never have too many diapers, I also made a diaper cake with goodies hidden inside and socks balled up like roses to decorate the tiers. I love the little turtle toy on top. My girls loved their car seat toys when they were little.
Here are the yummy treats we enjoyed with the cake. We had chocolate sticks, hot artichoke dip with pita chips and bread, Reeces Peanut Butter Cups, and strawberry lemonade.

The gift table with her prettily wrapped goodies waiting to be opened.
The guests with the mom of honor. It was a great night of laughing,
eating and showering Becky with our love.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Baby to Becky! Sorry I couldn't make it... I didn't get home til almost 9 that night as it was. Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - I want to borrow the book when you're done. That's hilarious!
    And the cakes are great! That carriage cake is wonderful - you're getting really good! Can I put in a request for my birthday cake? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was adorable! What a fun baby shower. Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen-You can totally put in a request for your birthday cake. Anything for you:)

    Em-We wish you were here too. We all miss you terribly:(

    ReplyDelete