Thursday, April 21, 2011

Brain Candy

I have read a lot of very serious books in the past six months:
The Witch of Blackbird Pond
Night
The Glass Castle
Left to Tell
In Defense of Food
Wuthering Heights
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

Just to name a few, so lately I have been reading total brain candy. Books that are quick and easy and leave nothing to ponder over. My latest book is Heat Wave written by Richard Castle. Now, not only is this total brain candy, but the author is fictional. Those who watch Castle will recognize the name and the book title. I think it is funny that they actually paid someone to ghost write a book as the main character on a fictional television series. Although, for some reality-challenged people, this may add to their delirium that the show and people on it are actually real.
So far the book is very much like the television show but I am only three chapters in. I don't recommend reading this book unless you are going on an exotic trip to a tropical paradise and want to relax, but I totally recommend the show. It is funny and I love the characters interaction. I am going to go veg on my book now.

No comments:

Post a Comment