Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chupaqueso

So my husband came home today talking about this thing called a Chupaqueso. I had never heard of this before, so I was intrigued once he told me it had to do with cheese. He heard about it from one of his co-workers. Apparently some space mercenaries were mighty upset when their chupaqueso vending machine broke down. I don't know if that is true or not, but that's the story I was told.
Now my family, especially my husband, LOVES cheese. So after telling me about it, he decided to make one to see just how good it is.

Here are are the ingredients he used.

He spread some cheese onto the griddle at about 350 degrees. I'm not sure how much cheese he used, but it was enough to be about the size of a small tortilla.

Then he just let it get nice and crispy on bottom.

After it was crispy, he flipped it over to brown up the other side. While it was browning he added more cheese and peperoni.

Then he rolled it up and it was ready to eat.

Here is the finished product. I was surprise he shared with the girls,
but he did and they LOVED it!

K with her piece.

L even liked it, which is saying something because she is VERY picky!
I even got to have a piece. It was pretty good, kind of reminded me of a really good Cheezit Cracker, only much better. The flavor of burnt cheese is an interesting one. Definitely a great snack for those die hard cheese lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment