Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year. My girls got me chocolate and the crock pot I have been wanting for a while now. K drew me a beautiful picture of flowers and birds. M got me a popcorn popper. We have been eating a lot of popcorn lately and cooking it on the stove. This will make it easier and there will be less clean up afterwards!
Our old Bishop had invited us to come to sacrament and receive a truffle from Euphoria's Chocolate. For the past three years the women have been getting a truffle for Mother's Day. M was the one who came up with that idea after I told him women only want chocolate not the flower we always get. Don't get me wrong, a flower is pretty, but it is just one more thing to take care of and most of us always kill our plant. Chocolate is easy and yummy. So M went to the Bishop a few years ago and ran his idea past him. The Bishop thought it was a great idea, so that is what they do in 3rd Ward. Now if we could just get them to do that in 4th Ward...
After Church, M made me a yummy steak dinner. We got the kids to bed pretty early and we enjoyed a movie together while eating popcorn from my new popper. It was a wonderful day.



2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Nicole! you are a great mother and you look gorgeous on your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a deck put in?
    also is that the crock pot with the lid that clamps down? I got that one and I love it.

    ReplyDelete