Saturday, May 16, 2009

Another Shower

I got the opportunity to make another Baby Shower Cake today. Melissa is in Young Women's with me and she is having a baby girl in July. She asked me to make a cake for her shower and I was happy to do it. I found a picture on the Internet of a cute cake and decided to copy it. Here is what I did.

I made a 9x13 inch cake and cut out the dress.


I used one and a half cupcakes to make each bootie.


I baked a small cake in a small metal bowl to make the bonnet.


Here is the finished product. It was actually pretty fun to make.


Congratulations Melissa on the anticipated arrival of your little girl.

6 comments:

  1. Gee, N, are you going into the cake decorating business soon? All this practice for your friends is showing off your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That is SO cute, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go, Nic! What a darling cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Nic! I bet she loved it. AND I love the pics of K on the horse. How adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Cow!!!!! I don't think we took the same cake decorating class. You must have been in advanced placement while I was in remedial decorating. :)
    Seriously though, GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete