Monday, December 3, 2012

An Unfalling Tree

I don't know how many of you remember this post, but this year we remedied that situation. M build me a very sturdy tree stand this year to insure the tree stays put!

He not only made this very sturdy box that raised my short tree up about a foot, but he screwed the tree stand into the box multiple times. This baby ain't goin' no where!

Last night we helped the girls decorate the tree. It is very short and skinny compared to the trees we usually get but it only cost $10 dollars so not too shabby and we didn't have to rearrange our furniture to fit it in the house this year.
We put mostly ornaments that my hubby has made out of metal the past few years, a few snowmen and some fabric ornaments. L got to top the tree with our angel this year.
I love looking at our little Christmas tree all lit up. It is so pretty and smells really good. Hope you are able to get your tree up soon and you have no disasters like ours last year. Let the festivities begin!

6 comments:

  1. that is a nice tree...i like the size and that you did not have to move furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave Karen some glass ornaments to give to you last year, did you ever get them?
    And I LOVE the box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did receive them, Sue. I thought I thanked you for them. If not, thank you for the pretty ornaments!

      Delete
    2. You probably did. How would I remember? It's just that you didn't mention any glass ornaments, so I wondered.

      Delete
  3. Who's gonna water it, I'm wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M waters it every day for me. He is good with plants.

      Delete