Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Shooting and Cake

My hubby is always amazing me in his awesomeness when it comes to domesticity. He is usually willing to keep the girls while I go off and play at a scrapbooking retreat or a Time Out for Women retreat with my friends. While I am gone he does fun things to do with the girls and generally cooks something or other.

Last weekend while I was in Portland for a spiritual reboot with about 3400 other women, 20 of which are close friends of mine, he took the girls shooting and then baked a delicious chocolate cake, from scratch. I know it was delicious because they saved me a piece. He swears it was more moist the first day but I can't imagine how. Anyway, here are some pictures of the festivities.


We love to take our pumpkins up in the woods and shoot them after Halloween. M said that K was really good at using her sites and had nice groupings on her target.



L had a harder time shooting. She couldn't figure out how to use the sites properly and got upset when she didn't hit the target. She spent most of her time watching a movie in the truck, but she is only 4 and has time to learn.



 
M also let K use his .22 lever-action which she really enjoyed shooting. I have some very short videos I will put up at the end of this post.

And of course my hubby can never come home without bringing whatever garbage he finds up there. Last weekend he found a shot up television that he brought home and tore apart so it would fit in our garbage can. I wish everyone else who shot up there was as conscientious.
And now for the piece de resistance. The very chocolatey and oh so yummy cake.You want a piece don't you? Well, it's gone now but I can say that after making the cake, he cut in half and took it to one of our neighbors whose wife was with me in Portland. He is always making tasty confections and giving them to our friends and neighbors. Too bad you don't live here or you would have some too.


K shooting her .22 youth rifle.
Shooting Daddy's lever action .22.

1 comment:

  1. who had more fun on that weekend....looks like max and the girls did! they had good weather for it too!! neato keeno

    ReplyDelete