Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Multiple Fright Nights

This year my girls wanted to be fairies for Halloween. My mom-in-law made the girls costumes with their help and then bought them some wings on Amazon. She also bought a pair for me and I was able to find a dress at Goodwill for only $4.99 with the help of my aunt.
We had Trunk or Treat on Thursday the 25th which involved a chili cook-off, hot dogs, a coloring contest, and of course trunk or treating. The girls filled up their bags in less than 15 minutes and we headed home to sort through it all. In our family I go through the candy and those items we deem gross inedible we put in our candy bowl for Halloween night. I also make the girls pick out only 15 pieces to keep and put the rest in the candy bowl for others.

 The girls favorite trunk was the VW Bug decorated with monster teeth.

The following day I went down to the beach with my aunt for a scrapbooking retreat. On Saturday there was a costume contest so we dressed up and I won! The prize was a cute Halloween paper pack. There weren't many of us but all the costumes were great. My aunt dressed up as a zombie scrapbooker. There was also a scrabooking chain gang, an M&M, a sixties girl and the King and Queen of Hearts. Only one person didn't dress up. 

 Isn't her makeup creepy? 
I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley!
On Halloween we invited our favorite family over for some trick or treating. We had a great time going door to door in our neighborhood begging for treats. The girls got a ton of candy and the weather stayed pretty nice until after we were done.
 Getting candy from our next door neighbor.
 
 We all loved these Angry Bird jack-o-lanterns.
 

Again, we went through the girls candy, let them pick out another 20 pieces to keep and put the rest in the Halloween bowl, (after my candy tax, of course). Then K handed out the rest of the candy to trick or treaters before we all headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment