Monday, July 30, 2012

Short Jaunt Home

I flew out to see my parents for a week in June. I haven't been home in a few years and it was nice to be back for a little bit. I helped my mom go through her basement to see what I wanted and what she could get rid of. I also met my mom's bible study group and attended one of their meetings. I had a great time. 

While I was there it never got below 100 degrees, it was so hot and sticky! I forgot how bad it is in the summers there. We plan on going back next year but it will have to be in the spring or late fall so it isn't so hot. I hope to see some of my old friends next time I am there.

I forgot to bring my camera so I took a few pictures with my i-touch. I was surprised at how well they turned out. I absolutely love Central Dairy hot fudge sundaes! They are huge and only cost $3.50. I went two different times.

I also love Zesto's. They have been around for over 60 years and have THE BEST foot-long chili dogs I have ever come across. They serve ice cream and other items as well. I stopped by at least three times maybe four.
When my mom was pregnant with me she used to go to Zesto's every day and get a large hot fudge sundae. Funny enough I hated chocolate until I was 5 or so years old. Now I love hot fudge sundaes!

My parents got a Great Doodle a few years back. He is a beautiful and large dog. He is certified half Great Dane and half Standard Poodle. He is the sweetest dog I have ever met and such a lover. He will lay his huge head on your lap and stay there forever while you pet him. If you stop he puts his paw lightly on your leg to encourage you to continue. He has so much expression in his eyes. I can't wait for my girls to meet him.

Here I am with my dad. It was so nice spending time with him while I was home. There is another picture of us that is really cute but he would probably kill me if I posted it, so I won't:) Thanks for the great trip mom and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment