Monday, July 30, 2012

Beach Trip

When I came home I brought my mom with me. She stayed with us for almost three weeks. Right after the 4th of July we headed to the coast for the weekend with my auntie and her kids (M got to stay home alone). It was pretty warm and sunny while we were there. We went shopping at the outlet mall, ate at Mo's for dinner and played in the sand. The girls loved playing with their cousins.


Granny with the girls behind Mo's.
Nathan playing with L. She adores him!
We took the girls down to the beach one day with Nathan and they played in the sand. It was pretty windy and at one point we all got soaked by the incoming tide.


We drove down the coast and stopped at some of the viewpoints. This is Devil's Punchbowl. When the tide is out I hear you can walk down inside of it, but I've never done it. We also went to Yaquina Head Lighthouse and took the tour. I love lighthouses but hated this tour. It's a very steep, tall, metal spiral staircase and it doesn't go well with my fear of heights but the girls enjoyed it.
My mom and auntie.
After going to Pig N' Pancake for breakfast, Mika and I took the girls down to the beach while the tide was out and we could explore the tide pools. It was a lot of fun; we saw so many starfish, sea anemone, oysters and even a crab. The waves were really big and fun to watch crash over the rocks.








No comments:

Post a Comment