Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Giving Thanks

We got double the dinner this year. We started off at Bahmah's house on Monday night where we were greeted with a very tasty dinner. I forgot to bring in the camera so I missed the layout:( But it was wonderful. After dinner we indulged in some Italian Cream Cake and pumpkin pie. Oh, so yummy.
On Wednesday I went to my aunt's house to help create our Thanksgiving feast. M and the girls met us there Thanksgiving morning and we ate about 1pm. I ate entirely too much food but it was equally delicious!
Here are some pictures of the family and the tasty spread. Sorry for the blurriness. I still haven't gotten the hang of our new camera.

The sideboard had deviled eggs, rolls, and fruit salad.
We also set Tommy Turkey there that the girls made.
On the main table we had turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, tex mex corn, jellied cranberry sauce, and candied yams (which aren't really yams at all).
What we call yams are really sweet potatoes. Yams grow in Africa and grow to be 7 feet long and weigh 150 pounds. They have a dark brown bark-like skin and are grainy on the inside. Sweet potatoes range from white to yellow and orange skinned and are potato-like inside. Did you learn something new?
Pictures of my wonderful family. We had a great time stuffing ourselves
and talking about all the things we are thankful for.
After dinner the menfolk cleaned dishes while the womenfolk
packed up the leftovers. Then we enjoyed some pumpkin and apple pie.
My aunt sent us home with lots of leftovers but they only lasted a day. Anyone else ready to do Thanksgiving again? I sure do love those tasty dishes!

1 comment: