Saturday, November 19, 2011

Breaking Dawn with the Girls

So Thursday night was the Breaking Dawn Part 1 opening night at the box office. I joined 16 of my friends for a pre-Breaking Dawn party. One of our sweetest friends even flew in for a 16 hour layover on her way home from Nashville to surprise us and join the festivities. We were so excited to see her. We had a taco bar and ice cream bar for dinner while enjoying each others company before heading over to the theater.
We stood in line outside in the pouring rain for about 45 minutes before the line moved enough forward that we could stand inside. Luckily some of us brought huge umbrellas that kept all of us dry. Once inside we stood in the hallway for another hour and a half before being seated in the third row from the front of the theater. It was so close but we were happy to finally be sitting down. We visited and got snacks while waiting the final hour before the movie started.
This was by far the best movie in the series. They did a great job and the actors have improved immensely. I didn't find myself laughing or poking fun at any of the movie this time. It left me wanting more but we have to wait a full year before the final movie is released.
All of us moms drug out of the theater and arrived home by 3:30 am. Friday was a very hard day. I was planning on going back to bed after getting the kids off to school but by then I was no longer tired. Running all day on barely four hours of sleep was hard but I made it. K had a practice at church this morning for our Primary Program and all the moms that went still look exhausted but we all agree it was totally worth it and so much fun. Gotta love Girls Night Out!

Here is a picture of some of us girls.
Here's our whole group. I love these girls!

2 comments:

  1. What fun! I snuck out Friday afternoon to see the movie by myself. I loved it, too, and thought that they did a terrific job! They set up the final movie so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love girlfriends. It looks and sounds like you had a ball. Glad you made it through the day after. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete