Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

My girls each got to go on a field trip to the pumpkin patch at school. L went with her preschool and picked out a cute little pumpkin after going on a bumpy hay ride. I was unable to go with her because of a conflicting appointment, so I took some pictures of her with her prize pumpkin when she got home.

K's trip was this week and I was able to chaperon. There were three first grade classes with a total of 90 kids on this trip but it was pretty well organized. We went to a local farm where they taught us about apples before getting to sample one off the tree. We had Golden Delicious and they were tasty.

After eating our apples we put the cores into wooden boxes which are later fed to the cows and then we went in search of the perfect pumpkin. K found hers pretty quickly and then helped her friend, Hannah find one for herself.

The teachers had a little schedule all made up that told the classes where to go and for how long so it wasn't so chaotic. Our agenda was a class picture followed by apple cider and then playing in the hay maze. It was a fun afternoon but I was happy to get back to the school after riding on the bus. It always makes me so sick when I ride on that thing, I don't know how I survived when I was a kid.



1 comment: