Friday, August 6, 2010

Safety Town

Safety Town is a great program put on by our local police department and many sponsors that teaches pre-k children safety in many different areas. These areas include: playground, gun, stranger, railroad crossing, water, poison, bike, and walking safety. It lasts two weeks and is for 2 1/2 hours a day. K absolutely loved going. She got to drive a pedal car everyday in the safety town set up in the gym plus she got to explore a police car, a police bike, a fire truck, and a school bus. On the last day of school, the kids put on a program and received a diploma.

Here are some of the volunteers and sponsors of Safety Town.

Here is K with her class.
They were the orange shuttles.

K with Police Officer Lisa.

K with her teen, Angel.

K with her other teens, Lorenzo and Leila.

K with Courtney.

After graduation, McGruff the Crime Fighting Dog
came to see the kids. My kids were to scared to get near him.

K really liked the motorbike.

L said she wanted on, but changed her mind.

K in the front of the police car.
Maybe one day she will be a policeman.

4 comments:

  1. I hope they have safety town out here for when c is older. I have to say, the crawdads look disgusting but L's hair! I can't believe it! And her long legs and arms, she is going to look just like you! I can't wait to see you guys. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I came to look at this post.....you KNOW how I feel about motorbikes. And the men who ride them. In uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, yeah, Sue. M said the same thing. I really don't go for the politically correct words and phrases. I think in terms of policeman and postman, not policeMAN and postMAN. Just like I know the scriptures are talking about men and women even though it pretty much only refers to men in most of it:)

    ReplyDelete