Friday, June 25, 2010

Great Minds

We both thought of the same gift for each other this year: lever action rifles. Last year before Christmas, M told me about a guy who was selling a .22 lever action he wanted. He said I should buy it as a Christmas gift for him. I told him I didn't buy it, but he got really cocky about it. So I hid it away to give to him later.
On Valentine's Day he again told me he knew I had gotten him the gun and would act surprised when he opened it. I left it hidden away hoping that he would forget about it, or at the very least, accept the fact that he was wrong about me buying it.
So when our anniversary rolled around and he hadn't mentioned the gun, I decided it was finally time to give it to him. He was happy when he opened the box and found the gun I "didn't buy."
I also got a great surprise. He bought me a .38 lever action to match my .38 cowboy revolver. I was happy to finally get it. They look great together! I can't wait to go out and shoot it; I just have to find a babysitter before we can go.

M with his long-awaited .22.

I couldn't figure out why he gave me the guitar
case to unwrap. But it was all the rifle could fit in.

The new additions to our family.
Aren't they pretty?

Here is my revolver with my lever.
Pretty good match, would you say?

Here are my pretty guns with the holster
M got me for Valentine's Day. All I'm missin' now is a horse.

I stopped by Sweet Life for some treats after dinner.
This is mousse and a black bottom cupcake.

I couldn't resist getting this cake called
Chocolate Obsession. It was so yummy!

2 comments:

  1. tho the firearms are handsome that chocolate cake is the prettiest one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like Bonnie and Clyde you two!

    ReplyDelete