Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Get Away

We wanted to go somewhere fun for Father's Day this year, but with M so busy at work, it was hard for him to get a lot of time off. We decided to stay in state but go somewhere we haven't been before. We headed south on Saturday morning and went to Wildlife Safari. They were celebrating Jack's 37th birthday that day; he is a rhino. K was very excited about that. It was fun seeing all the animals in the park. K even got to ride on a camel!

The entrance.

We were greeted in the parking lot by a peacock.

K taking a ride on a camel.

The girls by a topiary elephant.

Flamingo

I liked the bears, they were cute.

L helped me steer the car through the park.

I was amazed at how big the hippo was.

M and I agree these birds look evil.
We were surprised at how many people let them
walk up to their open windows. I was very cautious
when they were around, keeping our windows closed.

I love looking at zebras, they are so pretty.

Grizzly bear, I always thought they were bigger than this.

Jack the Rhino.

I have always been a cat lover, especially the big cats.
There were tigers, cheetahs and lions at the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment