Saturday, February 6, 2010

Like Mother, Like Daughter

My friends have always made fun of me because I am obsessed with money, and not in the way that you think. I have always enjoyed sorting my money numerically and alphabetically. You may ask, "Alphabetically?"
Yes, I like to put my money in the correct denominations, then look for the letters in the circle on the left hand side (this is on older money) to alphabetize, and then I numeratize by serial number.
Every since I was a kid, I would hoard my money in a shoebox under my bed and every time I received money, I would do it again. I also kept an accounting book with my money and made an entry every time I received or spent my money and I would put a description for each entry too. Now this trait has moved on to my daughter, not by example but by genes.
K called us into her room the other day and showed us her money all lined up and told us how many coins she had. It was so cute and I was so proud. She is definitely my daughter.

3 comments:

  1. and definitely kim's grandaughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! That is something I did not know about you. So funny that now K is doing it too.

    ReplyDelete