Tuesday, December 24, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

It started snowing in the evening of December 5th and by Friday the town awoke to find several inches of snow on the ground. The girls had a blast playing in the snow. They built forts, rolled around and even went sledding.

Early morning Friday.
Six inches by mid-day.
Building a snowman.
L throwing snow.
Such a cute pic of L.
Playing with neighbors.
Pictures of snowflakes up close that M took with his new camera.
I had driven to Portland the night before so I could go to a doctors appointment and get my hair done. Although Portland only got a light dusting, it was still pretty slick out. I had my husband's truck and didn't feel comfortable driving home after driving to my appointments or talking to him about how bad the roads were south of Salem. Apparently it continued to snow throughout the day and the temperature never got above 12 degrees.
I stayed at my aunts house until Sunday when the roads were better to drive on but even then, when I got into town the roads were very slick and still covered with snow and ice. I had to drive 30 mph or less on the highways and the residential areas were even more slick.
Due to snow and ice the kids were out of school from Monday through Thursday. It was the worst snow and temperatures in almost 20 years. Usually when it snows here it is only an inch or two and is melted by the end of the day. We NEVER get out of school for snow.
I loved having the girls home from school. We spent time making cookies and watching Christmas movies. But by Friday I was happy to have then head back only because I needed to do some Christmas shopping without them around. It was definitely looking like a white Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment