Monday, December 12, 2011

Do You Believe?

Auntie and I took the girls on a magical journey aboard the Polar Express to see Santa and his elves at his workshop. On our way to the station the girls watched the movie Polar Express so it would be fresh in their minds. When we arrived at the train station we didn't have to wait long before the conductor checked our tickets and loaded us into our car.

We sat in the Upper Dome so we could see everything and we received a special mug we got to keep. Once the train got going, everyone received hot chocolate and a ginger cookie. The ride was very pretty twisting through trees and over rivers. At one point we had to stop because there were caribou on the tracks. We ended up taking a switch-back to get to our destination.

Here is the conductor punching the girls tickets.
We finally made it to Santa's workshop; I was on the wrong side of the train so I didn't get any pictures. We saw Santa's elves and the train stopped so they could come aboard along with Santa.
K was very concerned that there was no snow at the North Pole. She kept asking where it was and if we were really at the North Pole. I told her to talk to Santa about it but she decided to ask the elf instead. The elf told her it was a little warm that day but it would snow by Christmas. That girl is too smart for her own good sometimes. I have a feeling she won't be a believer for much longer.
Here is K telling Santa she wants a T-rex toy that can
open it's mouth and walk around by pushing buttons on it's back.
L told Santa she wanted a Strawberry Shortcake Toy.
I was impressed that girls were so open and comfortable with
Santa. That has never happened before.
Santa gave each child a special bell.
The girls love their bells and rang them most of the day.
Here is the tramp who joined us on the train.
He was quite funny. He talked very fast and slurred his words.
All of us on our magical journey.
It was a lot of fun and the girls were well behaved.
When we got off the train we got a photo with all the elves and another one with Santa. It was so much fun. I definitely recommend doing this with your young kids. Don't wait until they are too old, they may spend more time questioning it then experiencing it:)

2 comments:

  1. Nicole, this is AWESOME! I LOVE that you took your girls on this fun and magical adventure! They will remember this forever I'm sure. This is just the sort of thing I want to do with my kids! So special. Where was this at? I've never heard of this! So fun. I would have been so excited to do this as a child. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this at Hood River? We're going on Saturday and I'm so excited (though we opted for coach seats). I know what you mean about enjoying the years they believe. My boys' trust and belief is so sweet and pure right now-- it's hard for me to believe it will end sooner than I'd like.

    ReplyDelete