Wednesday, February 4, 2009

L's Birthday Bash

It was just the four of us for L's First Birthday. It snuck up on me so fast, I just am not ready for my little girl to be one. It seems to me that it was just a few months ago that I had her. So I didn't do a theme for this birthday, unless you count Pink as a theme. We went very simple. Just a few balloons, a few presents, and 8 cakes. Yes, I wrote 8. But most of them were pretty small.

Here is the Birthday Girl, happy as can be.


K helped me mix up the cakes.


After I frosted a couple of the cakes, I let K help. She even decorated a couple of them. She was a great little helper today. It was really cute to see how excited she was about her sisters Birthday. She just kept repeating, "Today is L's Birthday, I'm so ecited!"


Here is L eating her first present we gave her to open. She was really enjoying chewing on it.


When we started to unwrap it for her, she did the rest. These are nesting/stacking cups. She liked them so much that we couldn't get her interested in opening any other gifts.


After much agitation on L's part, we were able to get her to open her next gift, a baby of her own. However, she still was only interested in the cups. I guess it was a good gift.


Her final gift was a toddler swing which we plan on putting on the swing set in the backyard for her to use. But until it is nice enough, I think we may hang it in the house for her to use. She was so happy about the swing, she forgot all about the cups. When Daddy's arms got to tired to continue swinging her, she got really upset. Guess that is a winner too!


Here are the 8 cakes we made and decorated for L.


Here is the little cake we made for L to play in. She really enjoyed playing in her cake. She even ate most of it. We were surprised by that. Here is a clip of her playing and eating her cake.

3 comments:

  1. Your cakes look great! I can't believe she's already a year old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cakes look amazing Nic, wow your baby is 1 where does the time go. Happy Birthday L..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that last video of Larkin attacking the sweets. Your cakes look wonderful as always! What a bummer we missed her special day. That baby doll was a good idea. Does she like it more now?

    ReplyDelete