Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sk8r Grrrl

M's work had a Christmas Party for the kids at the local skate rink. They rented the rink for 2 hours and brought in pizza for everyone to eat. Santa even came and handed out gift certificates to Fred Meyers. It took us a while to convince K to put on skates, but once I told her I would put them on too, she was more willing to try. Here is a video of her after she had the skates on for 20 minutes. I think she was getting the hang of moving her feet by this time. If I can get M to go with us again, I don't think it would take long for her to skate on her own.

6 comments:

  1. Dude, I think she's a better skater than me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for K for trying. I used to LOVE skating. But I still love that place... the old musty carpet, the fun 80s songs... gotta love Skate World!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow she's doing great. I'm not ready to try to take Elizabeth skating yet, she's way to clumsy. But K looks like she's ready to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go...I think she might be better than me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must have been a trippy experience for her.......luckily she had Daddy's hand to hold onto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your post title! That is very impressive. Way to go, K!

    ReplyDelete