Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What do a blueberry bush, a vacuum, cash, and a spa have in common?

My Birthday!
I received wonderful gifts from my family and friends. My closest friend gave me a blueberry bush that I can't wait to get planted into the ground. My mom gave me cash to spend on what ever I desire. My mother-in-law gave me a gift certificate to a local spa. My family gave me a wonderful new vacuum, which I have been begging for! The note attached said "Because we are so messy!" Although if you know my family, they usually aren't too messy. My husband bought me some Krispy Kream donuts the day before my birthday and he got me a yummy cake from our favorite bakery in town. It is called a Black and White and is SO good! I also had quite a few emails and phone calls wishing me a happy day. How blessed I am to have such great friends and family in my life. Thank you to all of you!!



My blue berry bush.


Yummy donut breakfast.
A fabulous cake with operating instructions right on it.



The inside of the cake. Looks good don't it?



My beautiful girls.

My hubby made me steak with sauted mushrooms and onions, mashed potatoes, and green beans.

The girls made my wrapping paper.


My new vacuum.

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Nic! Sorry I missed your special day. That cake looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great birthday! Feel free to send any left overs of that cake to me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously! That cake speaks to me.
    I say next year we celebrate our big days together - especially if there's a cake like THAT involved.
    Glad it was such a special day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. does look like yummy cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I'm glad that you were treated like royalty on your birthday. Yummy food, cool presents, and love from family and friends. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete