Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hearts, Candy, and Notes of Love

Last week we had a FHE lesson on Love and how we can demonstrate it to each other. After the lesson I pulled out this pretty box of chocolates. I told the girls we could only have a chocolate after writing a nice note about someone in the family and putting it in the chocolates place. After our Valentine's dinner we read the notes that were left in the box. The girls left a lot of cute notes in the box. I got the idea from this website.

I made the girls some heart shaped pancakes
for breakfast on Valentine's Day.
L had a fun party at preschool on Monday. They played games, made crafts, and exchanged valentines. For snack they had hot cocoa, heart shaped frosted cookies, and gold fish. She had a really good time and was so excited to show me all candy she received.
I was able to go help out at K's Valentine's Day party on Tuesday. There was a heart-shaped pinata filled with candy and the kids took turns trying to break open. It only took four swipes before all the candy came plummeting out. It was a free for all trying to get their cups full of the sweet innards. They exchanged valentines and ate a snack consisting of gold fish, pretzels, popcorn and, of course, candy. K only ate two pieces and saved the rest for later. I have taught her well:)
After dinner at Five Guys Burgers and Fries, our favorite, we stopped in at Star Bucks to buy some dessert with our $2 bills. Some anti-gun group organized a boy-cot of Star Bucks across America on February 14th because Star Bucks allows people to conceal carry in their stores. Because of this many gun owners went out of their way to purchase something at Star Bucks and to use $2 bills in honor of the second amendment. We bought some tasty little cream cakes and brownies. The girls loved their cream cakes.
We exchanged gifts with each other. The girls made valentines for all of us and we gave the girls chocolate filled hearts. M made me some metal paper holders for my awesome memo board he made me before Christmas. I should really make a post about that.
We had a wonderful Valentine's Day together. The girls got a ton of candy which they will nibble on here and there for the next week or so. Then they will forget it even exists and I will donate it to the girls at church. I love that my girls aren't candy hounds. They would prefer veggies or fruit to candy. Their teeth will thank me later.

2 comments:

  1. that was an interesting bit about $2 bills and Starbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chocolate box idea. I can't say I'm enamoured of the pinata for Valentine's Day idea!

    ReplyDelete